How to fix: "You do not have permission to open the application. Contact your computer or network administrator for assistance."Read Now
- Please watch the upper ☝︎ video carefully and follow the steps. (in case the video doesn't work, press on this link)
Sometimes while using Macbook, you may face messages like this:
"You do not have permission to open the application “app”. Contact your computer or network administrator for assistance."
This is a security problem that means that your Mac cannot identify the developer of this app and it thinks that it is unsecured to run such application.
To be honest, this good but sometimes you download such app and you want to run it without restrictions (you trust the website, you downloaded this app from it.
This problem can be solved using many procedures, you can explore them here.
The following video describes how to solve this problem and open these applications, please follow the steps carefully and write the commands correctly as shown in video: -
In this video:
- tutorial on how to install Homebrew. (For more details on how to install Homebrew follow this link)
- tutorial on how to install UPX.
- Use UPX to unpack the binaries of the application
- Fix the application to be opened correctly.
If you face the following problems After installing homebrew these can be solved by following the steps in this video https://youtu.be/1oolnK1g6jw
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you faced any problem while applying the described procedure, just press the chat button.