- Please watch the upper ☝︎ video carefully and follow the steps. (in case the video doesn't work, press on this link)
The idea of showing or displaying the iPhone screen content into a larger display is helpful in many conditions such as:
- If you want to demonstrate a video, presentation, setting, or new application to many people.
- Duplicating the entire screen of your iOS device into your MacBook that permits easy recording of its content.
- If you love IOS games, you can play it on a larger screen using the iPhone as a joystick and the MacBook for watching.
- Read and Watch the applications pages on a larger screen (really it is a live streaming of its content).
This above video tutorial describes the exact procedure
This article describes how to mirror your iPhone screen into the MacBook desktop using three methods:
1) using QuickTime player.
2) using airplay connection screen mirroring.
3) using third party applications like reflector or ApowerMirror app.
First method: How to use QuickTimes Player to duplicate your iPhone screen:
QuickTimes is a small free program/application developed by Apple Inc., it is very helpful in many things and it can playback a wide variety of media file types.
In addition to its benefits, it can be used to demonstrate the iPhone screen and recording the events on this screen.
As described in the above video: -
1) connect the iPhone to the MacBook using a cable.
2) once the iPhone connected, open QuickTimes player.
3) press the small arrow on the QuickTimes screen and select "iPhone".
4) Now, you will see a live streaming of your iPhone screen.
Important Note: - You can easily record the iPhone screen, just by pressing the red button.
Second method: How to use AirPlay to stream a content from iPhone screen:
AirPlay is a property that can be used to share content or stream from your iPhone to a compatible device like Apple TV or any comparable smart TV.
You can connect your iPhone to these devices directly without the need for any third party application, following these steps: -
1- The iPhone and the Apple TV or any comparable smart TV must be on the same Wifi connection.
2- Open the content you want to stream on your iPhone.
3- Press the AirPlay icon symbol on the application (as described on Apple.com) then choose your smart TV name.
4- now, you will see a live streaming on TV.
But, for streaming of the iPhone screen on MacBook using AirPlay, it is not direct like that, you have to get a third party application like :- Reflector app or its free alternative ApowerMirror app
and this is the third method: -
1- The first step is to be sure that your iPhone and the MacBook are on the same Wifi network.
2- Now, download a free trial of Reflector app or the free alternative ApowerMirror app
3- now you can stream your iPhone full screen using AirPlay as you have to open the control center and select screen Mirroring as the following image: -